General Introduction to
SIMMONDS Family History
Mum and Pop's wedding
Without which none of this would be happening.
I found it easiest to split what I know about our immediate ancestors into 6 groups under the following headings.
- SIMMONDS 1: starts with Nathaniel Simmonds (1834 - 1904) and Eliza Brown (1838 - 1908) my father's paternal grandparents.
- HARRISON: starts with Joseph Painter Harrison (1830 - 1894) and Emily Creed (1830 - 1918) my father's maternal grandparents.
- HESKETH 1: starts with Thomas Hesketh (1853 - 1917) and his two wives: (i) Amelia Anne Sanderson (1853 - 1884) and
(ii) Elizabeth England (1857 - 1922) my mother's paternal grandparents.
- HALLIDAY: starts with George John Halliday (1830 - 1858) and Mary Eley (1830 - 1924) my mother's maternal grandparents.
- SIMMONDS 2: starts with Christopher Simmonds (1906 - 1987) and Elizabeth Hesketh (1921 - 2007) my parents.
- HESKETH 2: starts with Stanley Hesketh (1888 - 1969) and Vera Halliday (1893 - 1974) my mother's parents.
There are in four ‘Galleries’ of images. There is no gallery for Harrison as I only have the one image. Halliday and Hesketh have one gallery each. Simmonds 1 contains images taken before my parents' marriage in 1948; Simmonds 2 shows the results. Where more than one individual is shown in an image they are identified LEFT to RIGHT as you look at the image. Thus in the image above, those not waving swords are Elizabeth Simmonds [just!] née Hesketh and Christopher Simmonds, my parents on their wedding-day outside St Jennifer's Church, Tel-El-Kebir, 17 January 1948.
© 2020 Sally Linklater Custos Rotulorum.